Eftir töluvert maus hefur Ubisoft loksins staðfest útgáfudag Watch Dogs: Legion. Leikurinn mun koma út á PlayStation 4 þann 29. október.
Þetta nýjasta innlegg í seríunni átti upphaflega að koma út í mars sl. en tafir urðu á framleiðslunni. Í leiknum spilar þú sem tölvuþrjótur og berst gegn einræði yfirvalda í framtíðarborginni London.
Nánar um leikinn:
London’s facing its downfall courtesy of state surveillance, private military, and organized crime. Recruit a well-rounded resistance to overthrow the wankers ruining this once-great city. Explore a massive urban open world and visit London’s many famous landmarks – including Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Camden, Piccadilly Circus, or the London Eye.
Each character has their own backstory, personality, and skill set—all of which comes into play as you personalize your team. Swap between characters as you explore an open world online with friends. Enjoy free updates of new modes, rewards, and themed events.
A brand-new melee system and a wide range of weapons and abilities means that the way you approach combat has real consequences. If you use non-lethal force, the enemy will attempt to subdue and arrest you. If you shoot to kill, you risk having your characters permanently killed.
Giving London back to the people doesn’t have to be some heroic solo jaunt, ya know. Bring the fight online to join forces with up to three friends as you take on entirely new co-op missions and challenging end-game content.
Watch Dogs: Legion kemur út á PS4, XB1, PC og Stadia 29. október. Leikurinn verður einnig fáanlegur fyrir PS5 og XBX síðar.
Ubisoft hefur birt nýja stiklu og upplýsingar um hvað verður í boði fyrir Watch Dogs: Legion í framtíðinni. Þetta hafði fyrirtækið um málið að segja:
„Watch Dogs: Legion has a robust post-launch plan that will bring fresh content to the single-player mode, and introduce online multiplayer modes. The Online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion will include the following features as part of the December 3 free update:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-player co-op and explore the city of London and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team.
- Four-player co-op Tactical Ops missions which will require teamwork and efficiency.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four-to-eight players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
New free content for the single-player mode will be available in a future update in 2021, and will include:
- New characters with new abilities
- New mission content
- A New Game Plus mode
Additionally, players who acquire the Season Pass of Watch Dogs: Legion will get access to Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2, fully playable in the single player campaign and online, along with two other characters which were unveiled today:
- Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order, thanks to a cross-over with Assassin’s Creed®
- Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals“